Sunday, June 21, 2009

why five....

So why five minutes... what can we really, truly accomplish in five minutes. We can brush and floss our teeth, get extra sleep, be late for work,check the mail,have a snack, drink your coffee, send a quick email or make a phone call, or read the sports page. But what do any of those things actually mean?

In five minutes we can also listen to the lyrics and melody of a song that speaks the true feelings of our heart, we can cry tears of joy or pain. In five minutes we can realize we are truly in love or have our hearts broken. We can see our dreams come crashing to the ground or we see a glimpse of hope flash before our eyes... And its those lyrics and tears, love and heartbreak, lost dreams and inspired hope that we really begin to find ourselves.

So how can we change those everday "five minute moments" so they actually mean something? That sleep can be traded for a moment of prayer. The coffee can be shared with a friend. Those words in that email or call can be an I love you to a family member or friend. And the sports page, the sports page can be the very one that you ask for from your dad every morning or the same one your mom gives you a hard time about because you spilled milk on it and you smile because you may or may not have done it just to get an eye roll out of her.

It's in all of those "five minute moments" that we realize how truly blessed we are. Where we can feel the comfort of where our hope actually comes from. Kind of like we get a great big hug from heaven. I think we all need to take a "Five minute moment" every day to acknowledge that hope and thank God for his grace... Thank him for saving us from what those five minutes could have been without him.

.........

For all you who know me.. you probably would have never thought I'd be a blogger. I'm just a simple girl who likes a tall glass of milk and a McDonalds cheeseburger, while wearing a Penny Hardaway jersey. I have a love hate relationship with my sarcastic nature and getting a pack of zours is like getting a second christmas.

This will probably be a random array of posts with all of the above packed in. One day you will find whats really on my heart or what I've been learning, and another day I might be talking sports or even the office... Jim is my TV Crush after all. That is just kind of girl I am. Take it or leave it. Learn with me, grow with me, laugh or cry.... whatever. I will just be thankful that you took a five minute moment of your day to read some words on a page... and hopefully, one or two of those words might mean something to someone.

2 comments: