Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Man who has Stolen my Heart...

Girls seem to be looking for a man who knows what to say all the time, who is romantic, who takes their breath away, steals their heart, and robs them of their ability to utter a single word. And I willingly admit, I have been, and sometimes still am one of those girls. I think its something that is wired into our hearts that gives us the desire to feel loved.

Tall or short? Dark hair or Sandy Blonde? Sporty or a little dorky? Funny or Quiet? We have all pictured our ideal man at some point in our life. You know... The more realistic model of the celebrity we always dreamed about being with, right? We seem to be walking down the street keeping our eyes peeled for the next eligible bachelor to turn the corner and sweep us off our feet.

For me, it started one fall afernoon in September of 2006. I though i knew what love was before this, but I was so wrong. There was a man who completely knocked me head over heels and I havn't been the same since. he had been with me my entire life. He is a man who steals my heart, takes my breath away, robs me of my ability to utter a single word. He romances me and continually sweeps me off my feet.

I can honestly say that I will never feel a love as deep, as high, as far, and as wide as the Love that Christ has for me. He surprises me daily with his comfort, honesty, strength, encouragment, forgiveness, faithfullness, loyalty, compassion, committment, grace, and unfailing love. He captivates me and challenges me with the love letters in his word. Its a perfect, beautiful relationship.

As September approaches as well as the anniversary of my renewal with my relationship with Christ... I think back on the last 3 years and see how my life has been transformed because of his love. It doesn't mean that my flesh doesn't desire to be loved here on earth and hoepfully someday I will be married and it will be great, but the intimate and personal relationship I have wih Christ has allowed me to put my hope and trust in him completely. I don't need to depend on a person to fill a hole in my heart because I am blessed enough to know what true love really is... and it freaking rocks.

"I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion. I will be faithful to you and make you mine, and you will finally know me as Lord." - Hosea 2:19-20 (NLT)

Song of the Moment: I Believe in a Thing Called Love

P.S. Tall.. someone who loves basketball... chisled abs (I would not complain) Current Celebrity Crush: Fred Hoiberg.. not afraid to admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment